Home arrow Eligibility
Eligibility PDF Print E-mail

 < Return to previous page

Am I eligible for a government-subsidised training place?

Generally, you are eligible for a government-subsidised training place if you are:

  • an Australian citizen
  • an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)
  • a New Zealand citizen
and are any of the following:

  • under 20 years of age
  • seeking to enrol in a Foundation Skills List course (and do not hold a Diploma or above qualification or are receiving core skills training in other sectors)
  • seeking to enrol in VCE or VCAL
  • seeking to enrol in an apprenticeship
  • 20 years and older and ‘upskilling’ by seeking to enrol in a course at a higher level than your existing qualification.
  • If you are enrolled at a school, you will not be able to receive a government-subsidised training place for a course, unless you are undertaking the course as part of a School-Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship. The Government supports schools in other ways to offer vocational training to their students, so you should discuss all your options with your school.

This information is from Victorian Skills Gateway Website. Please click Victorian Skills Gateway  to check your eligibility.
There are also special eligibility exemptions that may apply to people holding referrals under the following:

  • Asylum seekers and Victims of Human Trafficking Initiative
  • Workers in Transition program
  • Young people transitioning from care initiative
  • Automotive Supply Chain Training Initiative